Saturday, July 17, 2010

Doughie's Catch-up Post

1. Cupcakes from the wedding of Jen & Travis - Jen was my guiding teacher at HHS and was an incredible mentor! Her and Travis are perfect together and they had the most beautiful cake stand that my UCLA advisor built for the wedding!! I usually don't like cupcake wedding cakes, but this was definitely an exception. The cupcakes were a tad sweet, but still very yummy. She also had ice cream cones! These are red velvet & peanut butter chocolate cupcakes.

2. I bought Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc cookbook right after we went to Bouchon (using my new Amazon Prime trial!). This is the summer vegetable gratin I made from the book (tomato, zucchini, & eggplant).

3. Sushi House: dragon roll & bay scallop roll (our favorites!)


4. Donuts from a place called Psycho Donuts near San Jose airport. William & I went with his friend Ted who lives nearby.

5. Finally, the meal after the big drive after 3 days of packing up William's stuff. I loveeeee crispy noodles!! I haven't had them like this in forever, I was really happy :D


3 comments:

  1. haha you went to psycho donuts! that place is like sugar fried sugar topped with sugar. <3 they got protested, did u know? for having mental health names on their donuts 1 year ago like bipolar coconut donut or something. pretty silly rite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. doughie! the veg gratin looked beautiful! did you make it for your parents? or did mr. super awesome man try it?
    haha, evo, that's a funny anecdote! but the donuts do look pretty psycho! were those banana slices on top of that one donut?
    unfortunately, i don't like crispy noodles with that sauce on top. weird combination of textures - crispy, stringy, slimy, soggy.. but it's a very popular dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike my sister, I think crispy noodles is a great dish!!! glad you had some, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete