Monday, October 18, 2010

Bunco dinner!

Tonight was my night to host Bunco! Here's what I made:


Salad of black mission figs with roasted sweet peppers & shaved fennel (Thomas Keller)

Truffled filet of beef sandwiches with truffle butter, arugula, & shaved parmesean (Ina Garten)

Vegetarian option: sandwich with roasted peppers & tomatoes

Pumpkin roulade (the only thing I took a picture of - the last two pieces, kind of messy, but you get the idea :)

Red wine sangria


Overall, a very successful bunco night. I didn't win anything but everyone liked the food a lot and I had tons of fun :D I especially liked the truffle butter with the beef, that was soo yummy! I also have discovered that I really like arugula - it's got such a nice, spicy-bitter taste that I didn't realize I liked before.


Also, my traveling bunco prize (given to the person who got the last bunco of the night) was a Mr. Potato Head pumpkin kit, vampire style. I loved it and almost didn't want to give it up:

No comments:

Post a Comment